“We are on a mission; our mission is to make the Isle of Wight the UK’s Adventure Island”
Isle of Wight Adventure Activities was launched in 2003 as Isle of Wight Sea Kayaking. Still in existence Isle of Wight Sea Kayaking is one of the most respected Sea Kayak Coaching centres in the whole of the UK.
At that time the great reputation and high profile of our sea kayaking company led to us being asked to run other adventure activities. Very soon we had stag groups coming coasteering with us every weekend throughout the summer, and kayak surfing was a huge attraction for families and individuals alike.
We soon expanded into the largest independently owned adventure activity organisation on the Isle of Wight, offering both land and water based activities across the Island and offering a booking service for other single activity providers that are based on the Island.
Two years ago we outgrew our site in Freshwater Bay and made the decision that in order to be able to continue to offer the most professional service we needed to move locations. We found the ideal site just up the road adjacent to ‘The Apple Farm Cafe’ who we teamed up with to offer a wider range of services.
Isle of Wight Adventure Activities is approved and recognised by the Adventure Activities Licensing Authority, the British Canoe Union, the National Navigation Scheme, the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme and the Institute of Outdoor Learning. We are also an ASI (association of surfing instructors) surf school and accredited by the Council for Learning Outside the Classroom.
Why book your adventure with us?
- We love what we do, check out our reviews and you’ll see that our Instructors are praised for their enthusiasm and passion.
- You are always welcome to come and chat and hang out at the centre, come and see what we do – the coffee is always on and there is free WiFi and picnic area.
- Our equipment is top of the range, no dodgy cheap stuff here.
- We have a 9 to 5 booking office, you don’t have to leave a message and wait for someone to call you back because we are here 7 days a week.
- “Should we be saying this? Lets tell you anyway” We are the ones who train the staff in the other centres. Yes, they bring our staff in to train theirs.
- We take photos of all our guests on their activities and you get them for free afterwards.
- Our reviews say it all for us, that along with our unique ‘satisfaction guarantee’ that you don’t get from anyone else.
If you want to know more or want to speak to someone about your activity adventure then give us a call, or drop us an email, we’ll be happy to help.