General Booking Terms and Conditions
- The contract shall be formed when Adventure Activities UK Booking Centre acknowledge acceptance of the customers booking and have received the required payment of a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the activity fee. On some activities full payment is required at the time of booking.
- Participation in adventurous activities involves some inherent risks and whilst Adventure Activities UK, their staff and agents are appropriately qualified, experienced and licensed by relevant bodies and constantly work to limit the risk of these activities, participants must acknowledge these risks and take steps to act in their own best interests.
- Any customer under the age of 18 years must have the explicit permission of his/her parent or legal guardian before being able to take part in any activity offered by Adventure Activities UK. The parent or guardian need to be aware and accept the risks involved in adventure sports and satisfy themselves accordingly.
- All bookings are on the basis that the customer will, at all times, observe the safety regulations and follow the safety instructions of Adventure Activities UK and it’s staff.
- We accept most types of credit and debit cards, cash and cheques as payment methods. Cheques are only accepted as a form of payment if made for an advance booking of more than 7 days.
- Whilst we make every effort to minimise the risk of injury on our activities, we advice all participants to take out personal injury insurance.
- All participants are required to sign a consent form indicating that they understand that there are inherent risks and that they have disclosed any medical conditions that may, in any way, have any bearing on their ability to take part in adventure activities.
- All group leaders/organisers are responsible for ensuring that participants are aware of all terms and conditions.
Cancellation and Changes by Customer
- At the discretion of Adventure Activities UK customer requests to make changes to booked activity times, group numbers and dates will be accommodated up to 48 hours before the activity start time. It must be stressed that this is at our discretion and will not always possible for a variety of reasons.
- Adventure Activities UK does not cancel activities if it is raining or if it is not sunny, only in the event of severe weather conditions that may have an effect on safety will activities be adapted, postponed or cancelled.
- The initial deposit of 25% is non refundable unless Adventure Activities UK need to cancel the activity for any reason. This is to cover the cost of administration and staff time, of whom it may not be possible to re task.
- In the event of a no-show or if the customer cancels any activity within 24 hours of the start time full payment will be due and will be taken with the card used to pay the deposit with no further contact being made by AAUK.
Cancellation by Adventure Activities UK
- In the rare instance that it may be necessary, Adventure Activities UK reserve the right to cancel any activity where conditions prevent safe participation or where insufficient bookings or participant cancellation make the activity unworkable.
- If Adventure Activities UK need to cancel an activity for any reason then participants will be invited to transfer to another activity. Should the participant wish to take up the offer of a transfer, any difference in cost will be charged or credited accordingly.
- Where the offer of a transfer is not accepted a full refund (including deposit) will be made to the customer by the same method the deposit was taken. It will not be possible to refund in cash unless the initial deposit was taken in cash.
Adventure Activities UK whenever possible take photos on our activities. These photos may be used for both online and offline advertising purposes and are also posted to the Adventure Activities UK Flickr page, where guests may download the photos from their sessions at their leisure. Photos may also be used on Adventure Activities UK and their affiliates Social Media pages.
- Although AAUK will try to take photos wherever possible, there are time when it may not be feasible to do so. This may be due to mechanical fault, unavailability of cameras or unsuitable conditions.
- All photos are taken on AAUK cameras and are downloaded at the end of the day to a central server.
- The photos on the server are available for inspection at any time by anyone who makes a genuine and credible request.
- No photos of customers will ever be allowed to pass to any other party without written consent of the customer.
- No photos published by AAUK will ever include names of customers, or will there be any way of identifying individuals within a group.
- We adhere strictly to the guidance laid out by SportsCoachUK at all times.
If you have any concerns or do not wish to be included in any photos please make it clear to your activity leader before activity commencement.
No person should be under the influence of alcohol before or during the activities. If a person is found to still be affected by a previous nights alcohol consumption then it will be the instructor’s discretion whether this person will be able to take part in the activity. No monies will be refunded if the person does not take part.
It is suggested that all our clients property be secured by the client in an appropriate location. If a client request Adventure Activities UK Ltd. look after any property then AAUK cannot guarantee it’s security and no responsibility will be taken for loss or damage. Property belonging to the customer is at all times the responsibility of the customer.
Issues or problems with your activity
If for whatever reason, you feel you did not recieve the experience you had hoped for, or where problems on the activity may have been encountered. We ask you to undertake the following:
- You must call in to a booking office, or speak to an activity guide immediately following an activity or course.
- You must be able to detail and articulate why you believe there is cause for complaint.
- Should a refund or reduction be offered, this will only be from the cost payable to Adventure Activities UK, no other expenses will be recoverable.
- Where a decision by a member of staff is not agreed with, the customer can ask that the issue gets referred to the Operations Manager, where the situation will be investigated thoroughly.
Any queries regarding our terms and conditions should be sent to the following address:
Adventure Activities UK, Tapnell, Newport Rd, Yarmouth, IOW, PO41 0YJ