Our staff are our greatest asset and we are currently recruiting for the 2014 season. We don’t just say we are the best on the Island, we are the best and our staff reflect this. If you don’t excel at what you do then, we’re sorry to say, you won’t be working with us.
What gives us the right to make that claim?
- Our key focus above all, after safety, is on the customer experience and ensuring that our clients have the best time possible.
- We hold a full range of NGB approved centre statuses, including ASI, DofE, BCU, AALA, NNAS, IOL and more.
- We are members of the Institute of Outdoor Learning and our staff either hold practitioner status or are going through the process – we are also active members of the IOW chamber of commerce.
- Our sites across the Island are perfect for what we do – delivering the best possible customer experience.
- All staff that work with us, for however long, enjoy a program of staff training and development.
- We are a PeakUK professional partner so all staff get access to low cost great kit.
- Our staff are the most qualified and importantly, experienced Instructors on the Island in what they do.
We are looking for a few awesome new Instructors…
We are really busy next year and we need only the best to help us maintain our reputation of being at the forefront of adventure activities. Isle of Wight Adventure Activities is the leading independent provider on the Isle of Wight. Our different sites across the Island provide the widest range of activities available.
The Island has the best surf on the South Coast, has some of the best sea kayaking in the UK on one of the most complicated tide systems in the World, has superb mountain bike trails, woodland and hills.
We are a non residential centre working with an extremely diverse client group – We provide outdoor education for schools and youth groups and we excel in delivering adventurous activities to families, individuals and we also work with a large amount of adult only groups.
We are looking for 2 unique people to help us develop our activity and educational programmes for the 2014 season. We have a flexible start and finish dates but we would hope that as a minimum you would be available from late June to early September. Whilst the roles are seasonal initially, there are significant progression opportunities for the right person.
We don’t need you to have a long list of qualifications, what is much more important to us is that you are passionate about the outdoors and have a high skill level in at least two of the activities that we run. We have NGB National Trainers on our team and our training packages will enhance the skills you already have. With commitment and motivation you will be able to gain some, or if you are really committed, then all of the following whilst working for us:
- WSA SUP L1 Sheltered Water
- WSA SUP L2 Exposed Water
- WSA Surf L1
- REC L2 First Aid Award
- BCU 2*
- BCU 3* Sea
- BCU 4* Sea Training
- BCU FSRT
- BCU Coastal Navigation Award
- BCU SUP Foundation Module
- BCU Coaching the Mind Foundation Module
- RLSS Beach Lifeguard
- In-House training in: Archery, Coasteering, Mountain Boarding and Bushcraft
We are a Registered Practitioner of IOL delivery centre so all our staff undertake the programme, or are supported through the APIOL if they are operating at that level.
Please note that we do not provide accommodation, however we may be able to assist you in finding somewhere suitable. A full and clean driving licence will be an advantage as there is a requirement to be able work in different locations across the Island.
Pay scale depends upon your experience and qualifications but will be between £12,875 and £14,560 pro rata.
Closing date for applications is Friday 28th March but when we find the right people the roles will be filled, so please apply early.
To apply please email a covering letter detailing all your experience and activity skills and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org please title your email – 2014 Instructors.
We are looking for a maintenance person/handyman…
We are looking for a handyman/maintenance person to work across our Island sites. The role would suit someone with a mature outlook, who has experience of working on their own initiative. The successful applicant will understand the importance of the customer experience and how their role contributes to that experience. The role is currently for 10 hours per week; the days/hours worked can be flexible and negotiated.
- Have a range of maintenance and construction skills
- Be prepared to travel between sites
- Have an attention to detail and take genuine pride in your work
- Have drive and enthusiasm
- Be prepared to occasionally work additional (paid) hours to ‘get the job done’
- Be able to manage your own time efficiently and prioritise minor jobs
- Have an ability to work around clients and their needs efficiently and professionally
- Contribute to the strategic planning of site development
A full and clean driving licence will be an advantage in order to be able to drive company vehicles to different locations across the Island.
Due to the nature of the employment you will be required to undertake a check under the ‘disclosure and barring service’ to ensure your suitability to work in the proximity of young people.
Pay scale depends upon your experience but will initially be £12 per hour. Increases will be negotiated based on quality of work and the ability to stick to any agreed costs.
Significant opportunities are possible for someone who shows a penchant for working with young people who have disengaged from education.
To apply please email a covering letter detailing all your experience and skills and a copy of your CV to email@example.com please title your email – 2014 Staff.