Adventure Guide Training Programme – September 2017
Adventure Activities UK prides itself on having the most passionate, talented and qualified Adventure Guides on our team, which is why we offer one of the most comprehensive training programmes available in the Outdoor Industry!
During your Apprenticeship you will gain training from the best Outdoor Educators in the industry and a whole host of NGB Certifications, all whilst being paid and gaining valuable hands-on instructing experience! All sound too good to be true? Nope, there are no hidden costs or tricks here! We are not after your money, we are just after fantastic Adventure Guides to join our incredible team!
Here’s what you need to know:
We require a team of high quality and committed individuals to join our rapidly expanding Adventure Activities organisation. This programme will give apprentices the opportunity to develop skills beyond the guide/instructor role and to get involved in all aspects of our outdoor business.
Duration: 1 year full time
Location: You will be based on the Isle of Wight
Full and comprehensive NGB Training and Qualifications Received:
- British Canoeing (BC) Level 1 Coach
- BC Foundation Safety and Rescue
- REC Outdoor First Aid
- MT Climbing Wall Award
- ArcheryGB Instructor
- WSA SUP L1 Instructor
- BC 3* Sea Kayak
- 4* Sea Kayak Leader
- SLSGB Beach Lifeguard
- Food and Hygiene certificate
- Child Protection and much more…
You will also receive:
- Exposure to a wide range of groups including: schools and youth, adult and family groups, corporate and overseas groups and vulnerable young people from the care system and alternative education.
- Academic support through our NVQ provider, including weekly classroom sessions and a robust observation and development programme.
- Staff uniform and equipment package with new kit from PeakUK and Palm.
- Daily support from highly qualified and experienced instructors and guides, who in turn are mentored by some of the best coaches, practitioners and instructors in the whole of the outdoor sector.
- UK wide training trips including an 8 day sea kayak expedition to Scotland.
You get paid to train, gain experience and get into the career that you want!
Successful candidates must:
- Be 18 years of age as at 1st September 2017.
- Be enthusiastic about water sport activities, land adventures and activities at height.
- Be highly motivated, enthusiastic and have an interest in a career in the outdoor sector .
- Be prepared to use their own time to hone activity skills and experience.
- Be able to demonstrate good literacy and numeracy skills – Level 2 or equivalent.
- Be prepared to work independently and demonstrate good self management skills.
- Be able to demonstrate good communication skills.
- You must be able to start the programme on the 18th of September 2017.
To express an interest please email us giving some thoughts on why you would like to join us, along with a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title your email – September 2017 Apprentices. If you capture our interest then we will invite you to meet our current group of apprentices who will be able to answer all your questions – you will then be interviewed by our Activity Coordinator and Apprentice Manager.
Take a look at some of the photos taken over the year with our 2016 Apprenticeship Programme…
Land Sports Instructors and Watersports Instructors
Adventure Activities are looking for awesome new Instructors to join our team!
At Adventure Activities, we pride ourselves on having the best team members to help us maintain our reputation of being at the forefront of adventure activities and outdoor education in the UK. Adventure Activities Isle of Wight is the leading independent provider of outdoor pursuits on the Isle of Wight, our sites at Tapnell Farm and Freshwater Bay provide the widest range of land and water activities:
Kayaking · Coasteering · Paddleboarding · GiantSUP · Archery · Climbing · Mountain Boarding
Axe Throwing · AquaZorbing · Archery Tag · Bushcraft · Raft Building and lots more!
Based among the most stunning settings on the South Coast, with its iconic white cliffs, hidden caves, sea stacks, surf beaches, rolling hills and beautiful woodland, the Isle of Wight is the perfect place to work in the Outdoors.
Adventure Activities is home to both Outdoor Educational Programmes and Adventure Tourism, and we take pride in the ability of our staff team to be able to switch between both styles of working. We work with Families, Young People, Stag and Hen Groups, Corporate Companies, as well as hosting School Day Visits & Residential Trips. Our instructors must be mindful and proactive in ensuring their sessions are adapted to ensure all clientele receive the very best adventures!
Most importantly Adventure Activities staff must be passionate about the Outdoors, and be able to bring that sense of ‘fun and adventure’ to every single session!
Spend an unforgettable Summer on the Isle of Wight!
Our peak season runs from April until the start of November (7 months), but we also offer some ‘short season’ roles for adventure guides, instructors and residential leaders during June, July and August.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- BC/UKCC Level 1 coach
- WSA or ASI or BC SUP Award
- DBS Certificate
- Experience of running sessions such as Team Building, Raft Building, Bushcraft.
At least one of these desirable qualifications:
- CWA Assessment
- REC First Aid Level 2
- Coasteering Leadership Experience
- D1 minibus driving license
- BCU 3 or 4 star
- A Walking Qualification
- Archery GB Archery
Heavily subsidised accommodation is available if required.
GET IN TOUCH
Send your CV and a brief explanation of what you can bring to our team to email@example.com or speak to us on 01983 755838.
Get in touch quickly as roles will be filled as we find the right people!
Don’t have the qualifications yet?
We don’t need you to have a long list of qualifications, what is much more important to us is that you are passionate about the outdoors and have a high skill level in at least two of the activities that we run. We have NGB National Trainers on our team and our training packages will enhance the skills you already have. With commitment and motivation you will be able to gain some, or if you are really committed, then all of the following whilst working for us:
- WSA SUP L1 Sheltered Water
- WSA SUP L2 Exposed Water
- WSA Surf L1
- REC L2 First Aid Award
- BCU 2*
- BCU 3* Sea
- BCU 4* Sea Training
- BCU FSRT
- BCU Coastal Navigation Award
- BCU SUP Foundation Module
- BCU Coaching the Mind Foundation Module
- RLSS Beach Lifeguard
In-House training in: Archery, Coasteering, Mountain Boarding and Bushcraft available.
We are a Registered Practitioner of IOL delivery centre so all our staff undertake the programme, or are supported through the APIOL if they are operating at that level.