Seasonal Adventure Instructors 2019
PLAY, TRAIN & WORK | Make your plans for a fantastic summer adventure working as an Outdoor Instructor on the beautiful Isle of Wight!
Adventure Activities UK prides itself on having the most passionate, talented and qualified Adventure Instructors on our team, which is why we offer one of the most comprehensive employment and training programmes in the Outdoor Industry!
To get you ready for your summer employment, you will gain training from the best Outdoor Educators in the industry and a whole host of NGB Certifications. We are looking for ‘awesome as standard’, and are more interested in the person you are than your existing qualifications. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you and talk more about how you could be part of our fantastic Seasonal Adventure Instructors team for 2019!
Equally, if you’re an experienced Outdoor Instructor with some current qualifications and looking to update, refresh or add to your skills – why not give us a call and chat about joining the Adventure Activities Isle of Wight team?
We’re always on the lookout for great people, whether full-time, part-time or those wanting seasonal contracts interested in delivering the following activity sessions…
Kayaking · Coasteering · Paddleboarding · MegaSUP · Archery · Climbing · Mountain Boarding · Axe Throwing · Arrow Tag · Bushcraft and lots more!
Here’s what you need to know:
We require a team of high quality and committed individuals to join our rapidly expanding Adventure Activities organisation. This programme will give individuals the opportunity to develop skills beyond the Instructor role and to get involved in all aspects of our outdoor business.
LOCATION: You will be based on the Isle of Wight, our main location is Freshwater
Full and comprehensive NGB Training and Qualifications received:
British Canoeing (BC) 2*
BC Paddlesport Leader Training
BC SUP Module Training
BC Foundation Safety & Rescue
WSA SOT Coastal Water Leader Training
REC Level 2 Emergency First Aid
In addition, you will receive Adventure Activities UK internal training for the following:
Bushcraft | Mountain boarding | Archery | Team building | Axe throwing | Arrow tag and many more activities.
For Instructors wishing to upskill and extend their professional development, we offer optional training and assessment for a number of extra qualifications, such as:
BC Core Coach Training
BC 3* Sea
BC Canoe and Kayak Coach (sheltered water)
BC Moderate Water Sea Leader Training and Assessment
Coastal Navigation and Tidal Planning (CNTP)
MT Lowland Leader Training
Level 4 Expedition First Aid
You will also receive:
- Exposure to a wide range of groups including: schools and youth, adult and family groups, corporate and overseas groups and vulnerable young people from the care system and alternative education.
- Staff uniform.
- Daily support from highly qualified and experienced instructors and guides, who in turn are mentored by some of the best coaches, practitioners and instructors in the whole of the outdoor sector.
- UK wide training trips.
- Free access and use of Adventure Activities equipment for personal use, by agreement.
- Staff discounts at West Wight Sports & Community Centre and kit purchases at PeakUK and Palm.
You will have the opportunity to train, gain experience and progress into the career that you want in the outdoor activity industry!
Successful candidates must:
- Be 18 years of age by 1st March 2019 to apply in the first instance.
- Be passionate about water sport activities, land adventures and/or activities at height.
- Be highly motivated, enthusiastic and have an interest in a career in the outdoor sector .
- Be prepared to use their own time to develop your activity skills and experience.
- Be prepared to work independently and able to demonstrate initiative and good self-management abilities.
- Be able to demonstrate good communication skills, kindness and be empathetic towards people of all ages and backgrounds.
- You must be able to start the phased training programme from Easter 2019. Training will take place in holidays, weekends and can be flexible to support your individual circumstances.
- Employment will commence June 2019.
To express an interest, please email us giving some thoughts on why you would like to join us, to email@example.com. Please title your email ‘Seasonal Adventure Instructor’. If you capture our interest then we will give you a call for a further conversation to find out a little more about you – then be invited to an open Assessment Day at our Isle of Wight centre in February 2019.
Take a look at some of the photos taken on our previous Training Programmes…